Princes Wharf 1 is located on the waterfront in the heart of the historic Salamanca Precinct,
just 5 minutes walk from the Hobart CBD.
PW1 is a wonderful big blank canvas (an event organiser’s dream) with boundless potential and opportunities.
Suitable for a wide range of events
* Exhibition or trade show
* Association or corporate dinner/event
* Awards night or gala dinner
* Conference or seminar
* Welcome reception or cocktail function
* Any type of festival (arts, music, culture, food, beverage)
* All types of commercial events
* Product launch
* Community or charity fundraiser
* Sporting or club events
* Cultural celebration or occasion
* Wedding or special occasion
* Along with many other exciting opportunities
“…It was therefore a pleasure to find such a venue as Princes Wharf managed by a group that was able to cater for our unique needs. Princes Wharf’s access, space, facilities, configuration and flexibility was ideal for what we required. Tom and the team were able to meet our requests, no matter how minor, to ensure that we were able to deliver the best conference in the five years we have been running it. In summary, Princess Wharf is an extremely flexible and accommodating venue where nothing was too much trouble and it delivered all our needs perfectly. I can highly recommend the venue and team to anyone needing a large and flexible conference or exhibition space in Hobart”
Simon Smith – Director, AEC Group
John Doig – Event Manager – Reece Plumbing Australia
“A brilliant, well-equipped venue on the Hobart waterfront, but it’s the management that makes it world-class. Flexible, inventive, professional. If you’re in the events business, Tom is a dream to work with. Very big event with complex requirements? You’re in good hands!”
Paul Cullen – Director , Australian Wooden Boat Festival
“We pride ourselves on selecting, both picturesque and historic locations to showcase our new ranges and marketing programs to our national network. Each year we select a different location and state and we felt Hobart is a significant attraction for both business and pleasure. Especially Princes Wharf No.1 made it easy to choose Hobart, as the venue surprised with its size and versatility”
Malcolm Owens – General Manager, Kubota Australia
“What a fantastic venue to work in and deliver a National Conference, Industry exhibition andGala Awards Dinner all under the one roof. PW1 is very much a blank canvas but it is also enriched with historical character and charm, centrally located in Hobart on the harbour in Salamanca it is truly a one of kind venue in Australia. The expansive space and wonderful character and charm of PW1 allows a PCO to step outside one’s comfort zone of the traditional boxed ballroom, acoustic tile ceiling and carpeted floors and create an amazing experience for our delegates which we were able to deliver.”
Steve Keys – Event Manager, Master Builders Australia
There are no upcoming events.
Princes Wharf 1 is not just a single venue…
Inside the Shed
27.3m x 99m
74m x 41m
The Esplanade Deck Area
Approx. 9m x 110m
Why you should choose Princes Wharf 1
- Wide range of equipment included in the venue hire fee (in-house staging, draping & scissor lift)
- Important event equipment already onsite ready for hire (forklifts, gala dinner chairs & banquet tables, high bars, bar stools, trestle tables and so much more)
- Extensive and flexible range of suppliers and contractors.
- Full commercial kitchen, cool rooms, freezers and portable kitchen kiosks onsite
- Capacity to divide the venue into smaller or separate sections – suitable for 50-1,300 person events or functions.
- 3-phase power throughout, high ceilings and roof trusses (ideal for event production).
- Great level internal venue access for event bump in and out including semi-trailer, forklift and multiple car access.
- Operated by a knowledgeable, helpful, flexible and professional local venue management team – TM Management Group.
- Stunning setting – first class views of the Derwent River, Mount Wellington and the Salamanca Precinct.
- Fully heated for cooler weather & outdoor areas perfect for summer night pre-dinner gatherings.
- Close proximity to Restaurants, Hotels, Cafes, Retail Outlets and opposite Hobart’s nightlife
- Adjacent to public transport and taxi rank.
Proudly managing Princes Wharf 1
TM Management Group are a proud Tasmanian owned & operated company. We look forward to working with all event organisers from an array of industries in helping them make all events held at PW1 (no matter the type or size) an overwhelming success.
TM Management Group have a strong Tasmanian focus, in promoting all our wonderful industries to support the Tasmanian products and businesses and increase our tourism industry through events. Our entire team are dedicated to working hard to maximise the utilisation of PW1. Under our management, PW1 will remain Tasmania’s premier venue and continue to engage with our community to create further spark around the Hobart waterfront.
As we tell all our clients, “we love new events coming to PW1, we love the challenge of ‘putting them on’ and helping you, the client, make it a fantastic experience for everyone involved”.
History of the shed
It soon became the hub of the southern hemisphere shipping ports. Berthed along its length were whale ships as well as trading vessels bound for Europe with whale oil, timber and coal from the local Tasmanian suppliers. The shed was also as a temporary shelter for wharf workers.
Repairs & expansion of Princes Pier – between 1936 & 1939 the whole wharf was rebuilt in concrete including the building now renovated to form today’s PW 1.
In 2010, the Tasmanian Government announced the Princes Wharf Renewal Project.
After consultation with numerous stakeholders, it was decided that the venue should maintain its heritage façade, and the internal space be redesigned as a first class multi-purpose function and events venue, suitable for a variety of types and sizes of events, designed to benefit the entire Tasmanian community.
Contact TM Management Group
Phone: 1300 730 785
GPO Box 537
Hobart, Tasmania, 7001, Australia